Need utils: head,yes,& nroff (-man) for SysV2 (CCI 2.21or2.22)

Jay Hiser jay at hqda-ai.ARPA
Mon Jun 27 07:36:16 AEST 1988

I'm responsible for 3 CCI 6/32s that run SysV (CCI's rel. 2.22).  I'm
looking for replacements for some of the utils that I'm used to with
BSD.

head: the opposite of 'tail'.   Shouldn't be hard to implement this in
c, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.  Thought this was part of
'std' unix, but its not in my sys's docs.

yes: pipe the output to some other program that expects 'y' or 'n'.
I've got a file full of 'y\n' that essentially duplicates yes's
function, but it doesn't seem as neat as yes.

nroff: I realize that this has been unbundled (dwb?) from SysV. I
still need to format man pages.  Our OA sys can handle virtually all
my formatting needs, except for nroff -man.  Maybe this could be a GNU
application some day?

Anybody have an alternate source for this useful stuff?  Thanks,