undumping a core image

Leonard H. Tower Jr. tower at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Thu Aug 17 10:35:14 AEST 1989

In article <8908161740.AA05361 at csd4.csd.uwm.edu> doug at CSD4.CSD.UWM.EDU (Doug Tiarks) writes:

|wills ms 01309 writes:
| > "undump" exists which will do such a thing from a core file.  My
| > questions are these:
| >
| > Is there an FTP site where I can find such an animal?
| >
| > Can it reliably resume a process from any core file?
| >
| > How dependent is it on platform type?  I'm using a tahoe running

Have a look at src/unexec.c in the GNU Emacs distribution.  See
etc/MACHINES and the installation instructions for configuration info.
Minor hacking probably needed.  Note that the GNU General Public
License will apply if you use this code.  See etc/COPYING.

enjoy -len