what are all the tahoe machines?

dick at hcx1.SSD.HARRIS.COM dick at hcx1.SSD.HARRIS.COM
Tue Jan 24 23:07:00 AEST 1989

  The ones I know of are:

CCI Power 6/32
Unisys 7000 series
ICL CLAN 6 and 7
ICL DRS500

  These are manufactured by CCI and shipped with CCI's standard O.S.

Harris HCX 2000 series (formerly HCX-5, HCX-9)
Harris NH 7000

  These are manufactured by Harris in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. and run
Harris's CX/UX (System V / BSD dual universe).  Benchmarks have
measured CX/UX as having 30 to 50% better system throughput than CCI's
System V. The 2000 series combines the CCI CPU board set with a
VME bus and new controllers which make a much faster I/O subsystem.
The NH7000 is a compatible CPU designed with ECL logic which increases
the CPU power to 18 mips.

  Harris also supports a compatible Real-Time Unix (CX/RT) and a B1
secure Unix (CX/SX).

Hope this doesn't sound too much like an advertisement.

|Dick Reynolds		     	UUCP:  dick at ssd.harris.com	              |
|Harris Computer Systems	       {uunet|mit-eddie|cbosgd}!hcx1!dick     |
|2101 W. Cypress Creek Rd.						      |
|Fort Lauderdale, Fl, 33309	Phone: +1 305 973 5330			      |