what are all the tahoe machines?

dick at hcx1.SSD.HARRIS.COM dick at hcx1.SSD.HARRIS.COM
Sun Jan 29 01:46:00 AEST 1989

  The numbers I am quoting are for AIM and Neal Nelson benchmarks which
are the property of AIM Technologies and Neal Nelson Associates
respectively.  These results are available from AIM and NN.  We
have also seen good results from internal benchmarks but I don't
wish to be accused of doctoring benchmarks to show us in the best
light.

  In a nutshell, the improvements are obtained from:

1) Faster VME I/O bus with intelligent disk controller (with scatter/
gather).

2) A super optimizing compiler based on our proprietary "CCG"
technology.

3) Kernel rewrite which:
   - replaced the scheduler with a lower overhead scheduler designed
     to improve interactive response
   - replaced the VM subsystem with one similar to AT&T System V
   - improved numerous system routines to speed up all critical system
     calls.