NFS for tahoe?

David Osborne cczdao at clan.nott.ac.uk
Sun Mar 19 02:20:51 AEST 1989

i read in a recent issue of "Unix World" that CCI have ported NFS
to the Power6/32.  does anyone know if this is available, or is it
still on beta test?

we're currently running System V, supplied by ICL -- does the NFS
port work with SysV?  and would we be able to obtain it from CCI
if ICL would or could not supply it?

while i'm asking about System V, ICL have an annoying habit of taking
the CCI release and removing useful parts of it, like Melbourne filesystem
quotas, so it fits in with their other System V products on other machines.
am i right in thinking that CCI's SysV, in pure, unadulterated form,
provide quotas?  i'd like to be able to retro-fit them to what we
get from ICL  (we're just about to move, at last, to "release 2.22",
which from the notes, says it's SysV.3 compatible).

dave.
--
David Osborne
 Cripps Computing Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
 JANET:    d.osborne at uk.ac.nott.clan