[COFF] [TUHS] RetroNet… Virtual is cheap.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Sep 7 07:13:12 AEST 2018

On 09/06/2018 01:42 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> I doubt the communications overhead is noticed in the hailstorm of video
> going over the networks in question. Your Milage May Differ.

The problem isn't bandwidth related.  It's more that it will cause
additional and completely unnecessary (what is tantamount) to DB
transactions and fan out replication to all other servers.  For
something that is a completely unnecessary change.  It functionally
rolls the serial number and all the additional overhead associated with it.

Because someone didn't check if the IP actually changed.

Compound this by 100s ~ 1,000s of customers doing the same thing.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die