[COFF] Mercury delay lines

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Jun 13 14:14:55 AEST 2020

ABC-TV "Grantchester" (a detective-priest series[*]) featured someone who
died from mercury poisoning, when someone opened the tanks.  Apart from
the beautiful Teletype in the foreground, there was a machine with lots of
dials in the background; obviously some early computer, but not enough
footage for me to tell which one, but is a British show if that helps.

[*]
I suppose that I need not remind any Monty Python freaks of these lines:

"There's another dead bishop on the landing, Vicar-Sergeant!"
"Err, Detective-Parsons, Madam."

Etc...  Otherwise I'd go on all day :-)

-- Dave