[COFF] Seeking Some Books (Primarily Standards)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jul 24 10:50:29 AEST 2023

    > From: Matt G.

    > PDP-11/20 Processor Handbook
    >   (EAE manual too if it's separate)

Yes and no. There are separate manuals for the EAE (links here:

  https://gunkies.org/wiki/KE11-A_Extended_Arithmetic_Element
  https://gunkies.org/wiki/KE11-B_Extended_Arithmetic_Element

the -B is the same to program as the -A; its implementation is just a single
board, though) but the -11/20 processor handbook (the second version; the one
dated 1972) does have a chapter (Chapter 8; Part I) on the EAE.

(For no reason I can understand, neither the -11/05 nor the -11/04 processor
handbook covers the EAE, even though neither one has the EIS, and if you need
multiply/etc in hardware on either one, the EAE is your only choice).

	Noel