[COFF] What Happened to Interdata?

segaloco via COFF coff at tuhs.org
Thu Jul 27 03:39:54 AEST 2023

> If your business model is to
> provide a cheaper hardware alternative to IBM, your machine has to run
> IBM software, particularly the OS.
>
> -Paul W.

I think that's what tripped me up studying this, I didn't realize Interdata was trying to compete with IBM in the mainframe world.  My only knowledge of them is via the UNIX connection regarding 7/32 and 8/32, which gave me the impression that Interdata was more in DECs market slice with minis than competing with IBM mainframes.  That certainly puts their history in better perspective for me, thanks Paul!

- Matt G.