[COFF] Archived A Couple 5ESS Training Programs

Andrew Warkentin andreww591 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 21:15:55 AEST 2024

On 2/20/24, segaloco via COFF <coff at tuhs.org> wrote:

> In any case, the simulator interests me greatly.  I intend
> to do a little digging around in it as time goes on to see
> if there may be traces of 3B20 emulation or DMERT in the
> guts.  I'm not holding my breath, but who knows.  Either way,
> it'll be interesting to play with.  Thus far I've only
> verified the simulator launches, but have done nothing
> with it yet.

I've installed the simulator and it doesn't appear to be based on any
kind of 3B20 emulation (unlike the emulator used on the VCDX's
administrative module). It's mostly a collection of DLLs and what
appear to be some kind of table files.  I guess it could be a port of
the actual 5ESS UI code to Windows, but I'm not quite sure of that.