Welcome to Old Unix maillist

Warren Toomey wkt at dolphin.cs.adfa.oz.au
Tue Oct 31 13:20:50 AEST 1995

Hi,
	I've been merrily adding email addresses to the mail list on old Unixes
and PDPs, so I thought I'd mail a message out to it in order to check that all
the email addresses are correct.

There is a Web page which describes the efforts to save all this old stuff, and
it is at http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/PUPS/

	I'm building up a list of short biographies/relevant skills for both
mailing-list-only use, and to put on the public Web page. If you haven't sent
me a resume yet, check out the PUPS Web pages and see what you can come up with.

	Several people have asked about obtaining a legal copy of early Unixes.
I don't have an answer as yet, but I have mailed Dennis Ritchie, who seems to
be the person with the best answers at the moment.

	A few other people have asked ``What Unix runs on what hardware?''. I'll
try to build up a list for Sixth and Seventh Editions and 2.9BSD, and perhaps
Steven Schultz can send in a list for 2.11BSD.

Anyway, welcome to this old Unix maillist. If you have anything that can go
into the PUPS archive, please send it in. We have licenses here, so there is no
problem with sending in licensed stuff. And feel free to send in questions and
answers about this historic technology!

Cheers,
	Warren Toomey  wkt at cs.adfa.oz.au