[pups] UNIX "time-line"

Asmodai asmodai at unixware.org.uk
Thu Nov 8 09:34:07 AEST 2001

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 11:11 pm, Warren Toomey wrote:
> In article by asmodai at unixware.org.uk:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm working on a UNIX time-line database.
>
> Please have a look ay my existing time-line at:
> http://minnie.tuhs.org/Unix_History/index.html

Looking through that one again now :)

> and also Eric Levenz's site at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/levenez/unix/

That site is the basis for what I have at the moment, though I hope to start
tracking down and mailing people from vendors to get definate dates and to
fill in the "gaps" pretty soon.

> If you get any firm dates, especially with good references, can you
> pass them on to me?!

Yes, no problem at all.  I'll forward any results from vendors or other
sources on to you :)

I have had something back from Caldera/SCO regarding XENIX , OpenServer, and
UnixWare - both time-line and licensing.

I dont think they're confirmed dates - I'd have to boot back into WinDOHze to
find out - I wish Lotus would write a "native" Notes client for UNIX.

There are a couple of "unknowns" on my list that I'd love to hear about -
namely LSX (V6-based),  and MIPS OS (possibly BSD-based)...   MERT, RT and TS
were on this list, but I see they're on the TUHS page :)

Regards,
Paul