[TUHS] Just noticed an article on John Lions on Salon.com

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 13 10:19:56 AEST 2004

Hello (again) from Gregg C Levine
I believe your right. And I am willing to concede the points regarding
the two gentlemen in question. However, all of the documents I have
seen within the past ten years regarding the birth, and history of
UNIX, all have mentioned both Brian Kernighan, and David Ritchie are
mentioned. Complete with the appropriately selected story as well.

I suspect however, that in that early paper, Ken Thompson is indeed
mentioned, however the web page in question does not go into enough
detail, as it should.

And regarding the book, your right. I've got my copy of the C book
across the room, and normally don't refer to it unless necessary.

However, I would really like to have Dennis comment. Not that I doubt
you, I don't.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi