[TUHS] The Coming 40th Anniversary of UNIX?

Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com
Sat Apr 26 10:52:57 AEST 2008

Are dmr and bwk and ken on this list?  Be fun to include them.  If we
want to have a bay area gathering I'll happily offer up my place, we have
an annual pig roast here that is somewhat well attended by local geeks
(ZFS guys, Linus, Dave Miller, some Bell Labs folks like Greg Chesson
and Bart Locanthi the guy that did the BLIT with Rob Pike - still my
favorite terminal).  I'm probably forgetting somebody who will be pissed
so sue me.  But we gather a good crowd of geeks.

http://bitmover.com/lm/pig_roast

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 08:03:15PM -0400, Lord Doomicus wrote:
> It occurs to me that next year will the the 40th Anniversary of UNIX.
>
> Is anyone planning any type of celebration?  Perhaps the Vintage
> Computer Festival?
>
> - Derrik
>
> Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
> lorddoomicus at mac.com
> http://www.doomd.net
>
> The twenty first century is when it all changes, and Torchwood is ready!
> 	- Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood Three.

---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com