[Unix-jun72] No luck with C compiler yet, but an idea

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Mon May 5 11:56:57 AEST 2008

> I played around trying to get the last11c C compiler to work, but no luck
> yet. I can compile it using Apout and the existing cc, c0, c1, as binaries.
>
> Tim, I suspect that we need to modify the 0407 patch to also clear the
> bss area in core. Here are the headers from several binaries

The whole userland is zerod before the a.out is loaded.  I did find
a bug -- I was setting u.break to text+data+bss when it should have
been core+text+data+bss - any dynamic allocation was probably giving
back incorrect pointers.

I committed the fix but I don't have a good way to test it.  I can't
seem to enter a "}" character (or upper case lettes) into the console
so I cant easily type a test C program.  Anyone know of a setting to
work around this or to translate ^M into ^J?

Anyway, if you have more problems, please send me a test program and
I'll try to debug it further.

> 	Warren

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/