[Unix-jun72] C compiler status

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Mon May 5 17:12:12 AEST 2008

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 08:59:25PM -1000, Tim Newsham wrote:
> Simh has a cpu execution history which is already turned on in our
> configuration file, so at any point when youre at the simh prompt
> you can "show cpu history" to see the recently executed instructions.

Thanks Tim.
It looks like we are not starting /usr/lib/c0 properly: the CPU never gets
to execute at 040000, and we end up in sysbreak without ever calling it.
I have a CPU history from sysexec at 004250 right up to where it hits a
supposed HALT instruction in sysbreak at 005752, which previously was
CMP R1,SP.

Here's the simh and Unix commands I tried:

./simh.cfg
sim> c
:login: root
# /tmp/a.out			# Mount /usr
# chdir /usr/tmp
#

Simulation stopped, PC: 007332 (MOV (SP)+,25310)
sim> break 004250
sim> c

/usr/lib/c0 z.c a b		# Run pass c0 on z.c, creating a & b tempfiles

Breakpoint, PC: 004250 (JSR R0,5634)
sim> set CPU HISTORY=0
sim> set CPU HISTORY=100000
sim> continue

HALT instruction, PC: 005754 (BCC 5762)
sim> show CPU HISTORY

I won't include the history here, as it's 49,000 instructions. But if
anybody wants a look at it, let me know.

Thanks,
	Warren