[TUHS] 386BSD on Bochs & Qemu...

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 26 19:33:38 AEST 2010

It appears you're right about the Dr Dobbs copyright - no copyright notices.

Quoting Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at lemis.com>:
> [resequenced]
>
> On Monday, 26 April 2010 at 19:03:33 +1200, Wesley Parish wrote:
> share
> run
> incompatible)

> x86
> the

> >> Yes, I have a copy. It was pretty much useless. All the
> >> documentation was in some Microsoft format, and I couldn't read it.
> >> Unfortunately Dr Dobbs has a copyright on it, or I could upload it
> for
> >> the curious.
> >
> > FWLIW, I also bought a copy, way back when, and I've just made an
> > unencumbered version, containing only the 386BSD binaries, the
> > 386BSD source trees, and the manuals.
>
> That was my first intention too. But read the copyright. You're not
> allowed to do distribute that.
>
> > It contains only the BSD-copyright material; everything else appears
> > to be Dr Dobbs-copyrighted, thus off-limits; but I'll upload the
> > tar.bz2 file (2MB) if people feel it's needed.
>
> Did you find a Dr Dobbs copyright notice anywhere on the CD? Or
> elsewhere? All I saw was a printed mention of Dr Dobbs along with the
> Jolitzes and UCB around the bottom of the CD.
>
> Greg
> --
> Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers.
> This message is digitally signed. See
> http://www.lemis.com/grog/email/signed-mail.php for more details.
> If your Microsoft MUA reports problems, please read
> http://tinyurl.com/broken-mua

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press