[TUHS] Links to relevant Unix Usenet newgroups?

Diomidis Spinellis dds at aueb.gr
Sun Jan 24 18:19:37 AEST 2016

Google seems to have folded the Usenet archives into its "Google Groups"
service.  Here links to some relevant groups:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/net.unix
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/mod.unix
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.unix
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.unix.bsd
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.unix.sys5.r4
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.unix.i386
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.unix.programmer
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.unix.wizards
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/net.sources
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/mod.sources
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.sources.unix
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.sources.misc

The articles go way back.  Here is for example Keith Bostic posting a
public domain getopt(3) implementation in mod.sources in 1984.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/mod.sources/2FNKQgL81d0

The browsing interface is an insult to Usenet News (threads are now
"topics", messages are "posts"), the web, and accessibility (topics
magically appear at the bottom of the page as you scroll down).  I also
haven't been able to search by message-id.  However, all the material
seems to be there, and with some effort you can even get it in the
original raw form.  Here is Dennis Ritchie's famous "Noalias must go"
message.

https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=comp.lang.c/K0Cz2s9il3E/YDyo_xaRG5kJ