[TUHS] SunOS to Solaris - why?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Mon Oct 2 10:38:54 AEST 2017

As I've said elsewhere, Sun was out of money.  AT&T bought $200m of Sun
stock at 35% over market but Sun had to dump SunOS and got to SVR4.

I don't know if Scooter knew what he was dumping or not, I suspect not
but all those late nights when he came over to egg us kernel geeks on,
maybe he did know.  I don't think he had a choice.

--
---