[TUHS] UUCP "bag" files

Chet Ramey chet.ramey at case.edu
Fri May 11 02:08:02 AEST 2018

On 5/10/18 11:46 AM, Mary Ann Horton wrote:
> Stargate did not use anything called "bags".  I just checked the source
> code to confirm.
>
> It also didn't use D news.  Stargate required B news.

There are many other satellite internet providers that have appeared since
stargate. For instance:

http://www.infostar.de/knowhow/satfeed.txt

The dnews documentation references them:

"DNEWS can read UUCP bag files in standard rnews format, these are often
used by satellite systems,
the satellite receiver software may write 'uucp' files to a directory on
your system, dnews can then
automatically scan and read in items that appear in this directory."

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet at case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/