[TUHS] What was your "Aha, Unix!" moment?

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 08:19:12 AEST 2019

_These_ days on the Mac, the root filesystem is mounted ro with some cute
overmounting tricks such that everything mutable in normal operations lives
in /System/Volumes/Data.  I presume updates take the form of booting into
single-user-mode and running a script to remount rw and copy, but I haven't
actually looked into it.

Adam