[TUHS] earliest Unix roff

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Sep 16 22:10:48 AEST 2019

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 1:52 AM <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:

> I use the standalone Info reader (named info) if I want to look at the
> Info output.

Fair enough, but be careful, while I admit I have not looked in a while,
info(gnu) relies on emacs keybindings and a number of very emacs'ish things.
Every time I have tried to deal with it, I have unprogram my fingers and
reset them to emacs.

If it would have used more(1) [or even less(1)] then I would not be as
annoyed.
Unix had fine tools [man(1), more(1), et al] and rms and friends felt the
need to replace them with ITS-like programs.