[TUHS] Cole's Slaw

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Dec 13 07:11:37 AEST 2020

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Larry McVoy wrote:

> Because my ISP is below 100Mbit.  And gigabit is fast enough for doing
> backups, which is the only time I care about performance.

Indeed.  I don't do video streaming (I have something called "advert-free
free to air television") but I do a lot of software updates, so I care
more about download limits than speed.

As a result, my current plan is unlimited download bytes, but my download
speed is 50Mb/s; I can wait (my MacBook's updates happen overnight
anyway)...

My (wireless) LAN is around 250MB/sec; I don't care about speed so much as
capacity.

-- Dave