[TUHS] pronouncing *nix formulas (was: screen editors)

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Feb 5 23:35:07 AEST 2020

FWIW. When it was written, Ted and I used pronounced it as “fisk” (rhymes with “disk”), but F. S. C. K. was always acceptable to my ears.  I admit I smiled one time when I heard some one call it “f-sick” but that was not considered the proper pronunciation.

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.