[TUHS] man Macro Package and pdfmark

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Tue Feb 18 17:45:11 AEST 2020

"Greg A. Woods" <woods at robohack.ca> wrote:

> Texinfo was a legitimate attempt to solve the problem of missing tools,
> and at the same time and tried (whether in vain or not) to improve on
> what were rather widely believed to be major technical and cultural and
> availability deficiencies in existing tools.

Well said.  The markup language was clearly inspired by Scribe, which
was quite popular in Academia (at least) at the time.

As a *markup language*, I personally find it superior to anything
else currently in use, but that's a whole different discussion that
on TUHS inevitably degenerates into the current spate of ranting,
so I won't start on it.

> Personally I still mostly use Lout these days.  :-)

Wow. Is that still maintained?

Arnold