[TUHS] Will pdp 11/04 run unix?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Jul 31 07:37:20 AEST 2020

    > From: Angelo Papenhoff

    > I believe 11/20 UNIX also needs the EAE.

Some applications might have used it (the story about the KS11 bug with the
KW11-A confirms they did use it on that machine), but I found no trace of use
of it in a quick scan of the entire Version 1 source (the one which is
extant).

Also, the first file in the OS source:

  https://www.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V1/u0.s

lists the addresses of all device registers, and the KE11-A isn't there.

If the KE11 is needed to run some application on the -11/04, there are
KE11-B's (program compatible, but a single hex card) available, ISTR.  For
emulation, something (SIMH?) supports it, since the TV -11 on ITS (now running
in emulation,I'm pretty sure) uses it.

	 Noel