[TUHS] cut, paste, join, etc.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Feb 17 11:43:07 AEST 2021

On 2/16/21 6:16 PM, Will Senn wrote:
> Nice! Thanks Doug. Too bad, though... one gets ever tired of having to
> log into db's and a simple text db system would be useful. Even sqlite,
> which I love, requires login to get at information... I'm already logged
> in, why can't I just ask for my info and have it returned?

What do you mean by "log into db's" in relation to SQLite?  I've never
needed to enter a username and password to access SQLite.

If you /do/ mean username and password, I believe that some DBs will
allow you to authenticate using Kerberos.  Thus you should be able to
streamline DB access along with access to many other things.

If you /don't/ mean username and password, then what do you mean?  Are
you referring to needing to run a command to open and access the SQLite
DB?  Taking a quick gander at sqlite3 --help makes me think that you can
append the SQL(ite) command that you want to run to the command line.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die