[TUHS] python

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:58:01 AEST 2023

What we've done on my current project is pretty much equivalent to the
route Go chose.

Go has go fmt; doesn't matter what you personally believe, just run that
pre-commit, and you get a consistent style.  For Python we use black.  Same
idea.  It's not what everyone would have chosen--in fact, precisely what it
does is not what *anyone* on the project, probably, would have chosen--but
the fact is, it does something sane and pretty readable, and then there's
no fighting over style.

Adam