[TUHS] Fwd: Message from the family of Bram Moolenaar

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Sun Aug 6 23:30:24 AEST 2023

On Sunday, August 6, 2023, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 05, 2023 at 09:42:32PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 5, 2023 at 8:15???PM Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've used vim for a very long time, super grateful for Bram's work.  Vim
> > > has all of the usefulness of vi and then tossed in buffers so vi wasn't
> > > worse than emacs, I doubt I've used 10% of the stuff that he added to
> > > vim.

Bram was using the same computer I did in 1991 -- Amiga, when he released
vim. It is still a powerful platform today, especially for (retro)gaming.
It was the universal editor I used everywhere -- on Amiga, MS-DOS or Unix.
Still using it today on the very same platforms...

Thank you, Bram, and rest in peace.

--Andy