[TUHS] 3bsd tape image

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Thu Aug 31 01:03:32 AEST 2023

KenUnix wrote:
> Got a question. With 3BSD I have been unable to find where the time
> zone is set. I have looked at date.c, time.h and timebuf.h. In the
> meantime I fixed date.c to handle Y2K dates.

Same as v7, in /usr/src/sys/h/param.h (kernel rebuild required):

#define TIMEZONE (8*60)         /* Minutes westward from Greenwich */
#define DSTFLAG 1               /* Daylight Saving Time applies in this locality */

libc has the same limitations as v7:
/usr/src/libc/gen/timezone.c timezone function (used by date)
	knows only a subset of US zone names, plus GMT.
/usr/src/libc/gen/ctime.c has hardwired knowledge of DST change dates