[TUHS] Lions commentary

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Jul 6 03:59:57 AEST 2023

A troff version does exist - as I recall it was Ian J that recovered that.
I’ll go poking later when I have a real computer not my mobile.  The actual
nroff version that ‘typeset’ for Printronix 300 printer that John used may
or may not be.  It was done pre-make(1) so it was v6 script.

While you can find a pdf of troffed version in the wild, I recommend
getting the bound version from Amazon these days. I believe care was made
to ensure it lined up exactly like the original - although T is bound as
one volume not two.

Like Rich, my nth generation copy of the original is quite faded and more
difficult to read

On Wed, Jul 5, 2023 at 12:11 PM segaloco via TUHS <tuhs at tuhs.org> wrote:

> I think this is a great community engagement activity.  That said, can't
> do the printing myself.  I'll throw myself out there as a potential
> customer though, I have the print version they did many many years later
> but it'd be cool to have one of the samizdat copies.  To whoever does speak
> for this and start producing volumes, you've got your first customer!
>
> - Matt G.
>
> P.S. Are the typesetter sources for the commentary preserved anywhere?
> The typesetting style is very, very much like a small Bell System Teletype
> 28 training course document that I want to see about recreating as sources,
> might be able to take some pointers from the commentary.

Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual