[TUHS] (Amdahl UNIX) "Notes on Au Performance - or How to get the Pb out of Au"

Tom Lyon pugs78 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:08:11 AEST 2023

This is perhaps the first significant document I wrote at Amdahl. Although
undated, I believe this was written in August 1979, after I had attended a
2 week class at IBM Chicago about VM//370(CP) internals and performance.

The paper makes reference to V7 UNIX being "on order", so this is when the
V6 UNIX system was in use.  IIRC, V7 UNIX was released in Nov. of 1979.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cB2eqTwmicj1AQOiULDZjED5Rq-_V4N4/view?usp=sharing

Huge thanks to my friend Karl D. for hanging on to this for 44 years.