[TUHS] Cool talk on Unix and Sendmail history, by Eric Allman

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 07:43:59 AEST 2023

There was also a feature Mike Lesk added that allowed a marked line,
something like

%! command

to cause the command to be executed when the recipient read the mail, for
example to demonstrate a feature of a program or teach the recipient
something. He meant well. Dennis had the closest he ever had to a
conniption, and it was taken out post haste. Meaning well is not enough.

-rob