[TUHS] Trying to date "A Supplemental Document For Awk"

Andrew Hume andrew at humeweb.com
Thu Jun 29 16:41:53 AEST 2023

over time, folks in research tended to use make (or its descendants) to generate paper outputs.
altho i do recall a tool similar to grog that correctly orchestrated the ideal/pic/eqn/tbl/troff pipeline
needed to generate the output. the order was important.

as for macros, for several years we tended to use the pm macros (akin to the ms macros)
because they drove chris van wyck and kernighan’s page balancing backend, which was necessary
to produce print ready copy for journals etc.