[TUHS] Current Ownership of 3B/WECo Computer IPs

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Sep 11 13:37:39 AEST 2023

My point was it was not clear at all other than then NCR deal would have
added to the confusion. For instance I know that one of my brothers who was
doing communications chips at ATT Allentown PA that we originally for the
3B but later licensed to Apple (became FireWire I think) stayed with ATT
but one or more of his buddies ended up moving to Ohio to become part of
NCR because that was were more SCSI and FC chips were being done.

So like lots of big firms things were added and subtracted as different
deals were made.  So I’m not sure there is an easy linear progression and
while Nokia at this point clearly owns some of this but don’t be surprised
that like Unix - there are multiple firms with IP claims and unless
something happens where it takes a court to sort it out, I’m not so sure
any of here is going to be able to give you a definitive answer.

Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual