[TUHS] nassau smelting was Re: Current Ownership of 3B/WECo Computer IPs

Mark Seiden mis at seiden.com
Tue Sep 12 03:46:22 AEST 2023

hi, old friends (and i mean that both figuratively and literally)

the recent/continuing brouhaha involving lead sheathed cables made me wonder about
nassau smelting and refining in staten island (a sub of WEco which ended up with Lucent)
(and apparently another location at  W. 29th st which was a superfund site for a while.)

wonderful chaplainesque photo:

https://www.facebook.com/classicstatenisland/photos/a.286586221935407/516688818925145/?type=3

also regarding the Staten Island location, quoting from

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/02/former-nassau-smelting-site-sells-for-306m.html

"The cleanup was to entail covering 450,000 cubic yards of contaminated soil with a thick, unbreakable plastic liner, as well as layers of clean soil.”

(hah, what could go wrong with that?)