[TUHS] who was that unmasked man

Dan Halbert halbert at halwitz.org
Sat Mar 9 05:57:23 AEST 2024

Here is the whole post:

z... at cca.uucp
Jun 3, 1983, 9:23:42 AM
Nothing will ever top the entry I saw on the menu of the main restaurant
in Darjeeling. The restaurant was quite ordinary, and so was most of
the menu. But there was one entry in the middle of a bunch of others
which caught my eye:

Rice with sliced children, tomato sauce.

I called the waiter over and tried to order it, and he explained that it
was a misprint; it was supposed to read "chicken" instead of "children".
I acted terribly disappointed, and the waiter became very apologetic.

This was the same restaurant in Darjeeling that was frequently out of
tea.

On the road up to Darjeeling, there were all sorts of interesting
billboards. On the approach to a narrow bridge, there was one
proclaiming "Watch your Vechicles". A little farther on, there was one
that said "Drink more coffee, it's good for you!"