[TUHS] History of non-Bell C compilers?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Mar 14 01:53:16 AEST 2024

Thanks.  Fair enough.  You mentioned PC/IX as *ISC's System III*

I'm not sure I ever ran ISC's System III port—only the V.3 port - which was
the basis for their ATT, Intel, and IBM work and later sold directly.   I'm
fairly sure ISC also called that port PC/IX, but they might have added
something to say with 386 in the name—I've forgotten. [Heinz probably can
clarify here]. Anyway, this is likely the source of my thinking. FWIW:  The
copy of PC/IX for the 386 (which I still have on a system I have not booted
in ages) definitely has VPIX.
ᐧ