[TUHS] SunOS 4 in 2024

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Thu Mar 14 10:51:09 AEST 2024

On Wednesday, March 13th, 2024 at 5:40 PM, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

> The Tribblix distro of illumos offers a choice of
> Xfce, Mate, OpenCDE, or Enlightenment on top of the same core OS derived from
> OpenSolaris.
>
> --
> -Alan Coopersmith- alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
> Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris

Of the illumos distros I've tried the past few years, Tribblix felt quite concise and easy to get started with, and ran leaner than the others I tried.  Peter Tribble was also quite quick to respond when I had some questions about a few things.  I'd recommend it to folks who do want to give things a spin in that realm, but I've stepped outside the x86 stream these days to aarch64.  Still, if you're running an x86 type CPU or SPARC, might be worth a spin!

- Matt G.