Logitech Bus Mouse Driver, *please* delete previous posting

Mark W. Snitily mark at zok.UUCP
Fri Feb 1 05:55:15 AEST 1991

The Logitech bus mouse device driver that was just posted did not contain
a proper copyright notice.  Its posting was a surprise to me.  If you saved
a copy of that posting, *please* delete it and use this version instead.
See the README file for details.

-- Mark

Mark W. Snitily                 Consulting Services:
894 Brookgrove Lane             Graphics, Operating Systems, Compilers
Cupertino, CA 95014             (408) 252-0456
mark at zok.uucp                   West Coast UUCP X11 archive site

If your mailer doesn't like the .uucp domain, these also work:
...!{mips,sgi}!zok!mark, mark%zok at mips.com, mark%zok at sgi.com

---<cut here>------------------------------------------------------------------
#! /bin/sh
# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line, then unpack
# it by saving it into a file and typing "sh file".  To overwrite existing
# files, type "sh file -c".  You can also feed this as standard input via
# unshar, or by typing "sh <file", e.g..  If this archive is complete, you
# will see the following message at the end:
#		"End of archive 1 (of 1)."
# Contents:  README lmouse.c lmouse.node lmouse.sdevice mt.c
# Wrapped by mark at zok on Thu Jan 31 10:41:15 1991
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb ; export PATH
if test -f 'README' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'README'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'README'\" \(3664 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'README' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X31-Jan-1991
XI screwed up.  Last month in the newsgroup comp.unix.sysv386 I wrote:
X>If you really want a logitech bus mouse driver, I wrote one for ISC 2.x
X>a long time ago (before ISC included one in their distribution).  Haven't
X>used it in a long time (since the ISC version works ok.)  BTW, my version
X>supported VP/ix too.  If you really want a source version, email me a
X>note.  Or, if I receive more than, let's say, 5 requests, I'll post it
X>to alt.sources.
XTo the few people that responded I sent a shar file of the original
X29-May-1989 code.  Without asking for permission, one person (who will
Xremain nameless) posted the code to alt.sources.  This was quite a surprise
Xto me!  (Was also ironic because I had to send the shar file to this person
Xtwice because he accidentally deleted his first copy.)
XThough I don't mind that he posted the code, I wish he would have asked
Xfirst because that version of the driver did not have a proper copyright
Xnotice in it.  This version does.  (It's actually just a cut and paste of
Xthe copyright and permission notice from my ppmtoxpm filter which you'll
Xfind comp.sources.misc archives and Jef Poskanzer's new pbmplus release.)
XThis driver is now copyrighted `freely available' code.
XSo, if you are one of the individuals who received this driver by email,
Xor if you saved a copy of the version that was posted to alt.sources,
X*please* delete it and use this one instead.  Thank you.
XTwo additional items:  (1)  This code will become part of Thomas Roell's
XX11R4 distribution, and (2) in my original README file I forgot to mention
Xthe mdevice entry.  This is the entry that I have in my /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice
Xfile,  (note that the fields are separated by tabs, not spaces):
Xlmouse	Ioci	iHc		logm	0	19	1	1	-1
XThe test program "mt2.c" was removed from this distribution because it was
Xa redundant copy of the "mt.c" test program.  Only difference was the device
Xname specified in the code.
XWhat follows is the original README file:
X14-Jan-1991
XI wrote this Logitech bus mouse driver for ISC 2.x a long time ago, before
XISC provided one in their distribution.  (The last date of modification of
Xthe driver source is May 29, 1989).  Back in Dec '89 my system suffered a
Xmajor disk crash resulting in the lose of my entire /usr/local directory
Xtree.  It was pure luck that I happened to have an extra copy of the driver
Xsource elsewhere.  Any/all Makefiles, install scripts, and miscellaneous
Xnotes were unfortunately lost.  Have never taken the time to recreate them.
XSo, ... you're totally on your own.  Here's a quick summary of the files
Xenclosed, (the following assumes an ISC directory strcture for installing
Xdevice drivers, don't know if ESIX follows the same conventions):
X   lmouse.c        -- Driver source.  After compiled the object file needs
X                      to be placed in /etc/conf/pack.d/lmouse/Driver.o
X   lmouse.node     -- Copy this file to /etc/conf/node.d/lmouse
X   lmouse.sdevice  -- Copy this file to /etc/conf/sdevice.d/lmouse
X   mt.c and mt2.c  -- Test programs.
XFinally, you'll need to add the following line to the
X/etc/conf/kconfig.d/description file, (note that the fields are separated
Xby tabs not spaces):
Xlmouse	0	19	io	lmouse		My Logitech Bus Mouse Driver
XGood luck and happy hacking...
X-- Mark
XMark W. Snitily                 Consulting Services:
X894 Brookgrove Lane             Graphics, Operating Systems, Compilers
XCupertino, CA 95014             (408) 252-0456
Xmark at zok.uucp                   West Coast UUCP X11 archive site
XIf your mailer doesn't like the .uucp domain, these also work:
X...!{mips,sgi}!zok!mark, mark%zok at mips.com, mark%zok at sgi.com
END_OF_FILE
if test 3664 -ne `wc -c <'README'`; then
    echo shar: \"'README'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'README'
fi
if test -f 'lmouse.c' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'lmouse.c'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'lmouse.c'\" \(13038 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'lmouse.c' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X/* lmouse.c - Logitech Bus Mouse Device Driver for SysV/386 R3.2
X**
X** Copyright (C) 1989,1991 by Mark W. Snitily
X**
X** Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
X** documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
X** that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
X** copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
X** documentation.  This software is provided "as is" without express or
X** implied warranty.
X**
X** 29-May-89  MWS  Initial code completed and debugged
X** 31-Jan-91  MWS  Copyright notice added for general distribution
X**
X*/
X#define VPIX
X#include "sys/param.h"
X#include "sys/types.h"
X#include "sys/sysmacros.h"
X#include "sys/dir.h"
X#include "sys/signal.h"
X#include "sys/user.h"
X#include "sys/errno.h"
X/* Definitions for Logitech Mouse */
X/* Base I/O addresses of mouse registers */
X#define DATA_REG      0x23c  /* Data          register (read  only) */
X#define SIGNATURE_REG 0x23d  /* Signature     register (read/write) */
X#define INTERRUPT_REG 0x23e  /* Interrupt     register (read  only) */
X#define CONTROL_REG   0x23e  /* Control       register (write only) */
X#define CONFIG_REG    0x23f  /* Configuration register (read/write) */
X/* Definitions of bits in interrupt register. */
X#define IRQ5 0x01
X#define IRQ4 0x02
X#define IRQ3 0x04
X#define IRQ2 0x08
X/* Definitions of bits in control register. */
X#define DINT 0x10  /* Disable Interrupts */
X#define SHL  0x20  /* Select Hi/Lo (0/1) nibble */
X#define SXY  0x40  /* Select X/Y (0/1) counter */
X#define HC   0x80  /* Hold Counters (latch counters on 0->1 edge) */
X/* Magic number needed for configuration register. */
X#define CONFIG_BYTE 0x91
X#define BUT3STAT        0x01
X#define BUT2STAT        0x02
X#define BUT1STAT        0x04
X#define BUT3CHNG        0x08
X#define BUT2CHNG        0x10
X#define BUT1CHNG        0x20
X#define MOVEMENT        0x40
X#define BUTSTATMASK     0x07
X#define BUTCHNGMASK     0x38
Xstruct mouseinfo
X{       unsigned char status;
X	char xmotion, ymotion;
X};
X/* Ioctl definitions */
X#define MOUSEIOC        ('M'<<8)
X#define MOUSEIOCREAD    (MOUSEIOC|60)
X#ifdef VPIX
X#define VPC_MOUSE_READ  MOUSEIOCREAD
X#endif /* VPIX */
X#ifdef VPIX
X#include "sys/immu.h"
X#include "sys/region.h"
X#include "sys/proc.h"
X#include "sys/tss.h"
X#include "sys/v86.h"
X#endif /* VPIX */
Xstatic char mousepresent;
Xstatic char mouseinuse;
Xstatic char mousemode;
Xstatic char last_buttons;
Xstatic char mousestatus;
Xstatic int xmotion, ymotion;
X#ifdef VPIX
Xstatic struct proc *ectproc;
Xstatic char rupted;
X#endif /* VPIX */
X#define UPPERLIM    127
X#define LOWERLIM   -128
X#define ONEBYTE(x) ((x)>UPPERLIM ? UPPERLIM : (x)<LOWERLIM ? LOWERLIM : (x))
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xvoid logminit()
X{
X   unsigned char id1, id2, toggles, irq;
X   int i;
X   /* Assume no mouse in system. */
X   mouseinuse = mousepresent = 0;
X   /* Initialize configuration register with the required magic number. */
X   outb(CONFIG_REG, CONFIG_BYTE);
X   /* See if we can store into the signature register.  If not return. */
X   outb(SIGNATURE_REG, 0xA5);
X   for (i=0; i<1000; i++); /* busy loop */
X   id1 = inb(SIGNATURE_REG);
X   if (id1 != 0xA5) {
X      printf("logminit: SIGNATURE_REG = 0x%x (should equal 0xA5)\n", id1);
X      printf("Logitech Bus Mouse not loaded.\n");
X      return;
X   }
X   /* See which bits toggle in the interrupt register. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, 0); /* Make sure interrupts are enabled. */
X   id1 = inb(INTERRUPT_REG);
X#ifdef DEBUG
Xprintf("logminit:  Initial value of interrupt reg = 0x%x\n", id1);
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X   toggles = 0;
X   for (i=0; i<10000; i++) {
X      id2 = inb(INTERRUPT_REG);
X      toggles |= id1 ^ id2;
X      id1 = id2;
X   }
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, DINT); /* Disable interrupts just to be safe. */
X   /* Based upon which bit(s) toggled, determine which IRQ is being used.
X      If nothing toggled, then something is wrong so don't set the
X      mousepresent flag. */
X   if      (toggles & IRQ5)  irq = 5;
X   else if (toggles & IRQ2)  irq = 2;
X   else if (toggles & IRQ3)  irq = 3;
X   else if (toggles & IRQ4)  irq = 4;
X   else {
X      printf("logminit: IRQ line did not respond (INTERRUPT_REG = 0x%x)\n",
X             toggles);
X      printf("Logitech Bus Mouse not loaded.\n");
X      return;
X   }
X   printf("Logitech Bus Mouse loaded with IRQ%d\n", irq);
X   /* Set control register.  Set HC to 1:  A rising edge of HC transfers
X      the content of the counters into latches and resets the counters;
X      Disable interrupts; (also selects low nibble of the X counter.) */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | DINT);
X   mousepresent = 1;
X} /* logminit */
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xvoid logmopen(dev, flag)
Xint dev, flag;
X{
X#ifdef DEBUG
Xprintf("logmopen: dev = 0x%x, flag = 0x%x\n", dev, flag);
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X   /* Insist on minor device 0 */
X   if (minor(dev))    { u.u_error = ENXIO;  return; }
X   /* Make sure there is a mouse. */
X   if (!mousepresent) { u.u_error = ENXIO;  return; }
X   /* Enforce exclusive use. */
X   if (mouseinuse)    { u.u_error = EBUSY;  return; }
X   xmotion = ymotion = 0;
X   mousestatus = last_buttons = 0;
X#ifdef VPIX
X   ectproc = u.u_procp;
X   rupted = 0;
X#endif /* VPIX */
X   mouseinuse = 1;
X   /* Set HC to 0 and enable interrupts. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, 0);
X} /* logmopen */
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xvoid logmclose(dev)
Xint dev;
X{
X#ifdef DEBUG
Xprintf("logmclose\n");
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X   /* Insist on minor device 0 */
X   if (minor(dev))    { u.u_error = ENXIO;  return; }
X   /* Make sure there is a mouse. */
X   if (!mousepresent) { u.u_error = ENXIO;  return; }
X   /* Make sure mouse has been opened. */
X   if (!mouseinuse)   { u.u_error = EACCES;  return; }
X   /* Reset the mouse to make sure it does not interrupt. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, DINT);
X   mouseinuse = 0;
X} /* logmclose */
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xvoid logmioctl(dev, cmd, arg, flag)
Xint dev, cmd, flag;
Xcaddr_t arg;
X{
X   struct mouseinfo info;
X   register int intmask;
X#ifdef DEBUG
X   unsigned char ir;
X   printf("logmioctl\n");
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X   /* Insist on minor device 0 */
X   if (minor(dev))    { u.u_error = ENXIO;  return; }
X   /* Make sure there is a mouse. */
X   if (!mousepresent) { u.u_error = ENXIO;  return; }
X   /* Make sure mouse has been opened. */
X   if (!mouseinuse)   { u.u_error = EACCES;  return; }
X   switch (cmd) {
X#ifdef DEBUG
X      case 0:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, 0                    )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, 0                    );
X         break;
X      case 1:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,                  DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,                  DINT);
X         break;
X      case 2:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,            SHL       )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,            SHL       );
X         break;
X      case 3:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,            SHL | DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,            SHL | DINT);
X         break;
X      case 4:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY             )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY             );
X         break;
X      case 5:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY |       DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY |       DINT);
X         break;
X      case 6:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY | SHL       )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY | SHL       );
X         break;
X      case 7:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY | SHL | DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG,      SXY | SHL | DINT);
X         break;
X      case 8:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC                   )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC                   );
X         break;
X      case 9:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC |             DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC |             DINT);
X         break;
X      case 10:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC |       SHL       )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC |       SHL       );
X         break;
X      case 11:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC |       SHL | DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC |       SHL | DINT);
X         break;
X      case 12:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY             )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY             );
X         break;
X      case 13:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY |       DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY |       DINT);
X         break;
X      case 14:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY | SHL       )\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY | SHL       );
X         break;
X      case 15:
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY | SHL | DINT)\n");
X         outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY | SHL | DINT);
X         break;
X      case 20:
X         ir = inb(DATA_REG);
X         printf("logmioctl: inb(DATA_REG) = 0x%x\n", ir);
X         break;
X      case 21:
X         ir = inb(SIGNATURE_REG);
X         printf("logmioctl: inb(SIGNATURE_REG) = 0x%x\n", ir);
X         break;
X      case 22:
X         ir = inb(INTERRUPT_REG);
X         printf("logmioctl: inb(INTERRUPT_REG) = 0x%x\n", ir);
X         break;
X      case 23:
X         ir = inb(CONFIG_REG);
X         printf("logmioctl: inb(CONFIG_REG) = 0x%x\n", ir);
X         break;
X      case 24:
X         outb(CONFIG_REG, CONFIG_BYTE);
X         printf("logmioctl: outb(CONFIG_REG, CONFIG_BYTE)\n");
X         break;
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X      default:
X         /* Return error "Invalid argument". */
X         u.u_error = EINVAL;
X#ifdef DEBUG
X         printf("logmioctl: unknown cmd = 0x%x\n", cmd);
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X         break;
X       case MOUSEIOCREAD:
X         /* Prevent mouse interrupts during update. */
X         intmask = splhi();
X         /* Read and reset the accumulated interrupt info. */
X         /* This emulates the microsoft bus mouse status return. */
X         info.status = mousestatus;
X         if (xmotion || ymotion) info.status |= MOVEMENT;
X         info.xmotion = ONEBYTE(xmotion);
X         info.ymotion = ONEBYTE(ymotion);
X         xmotion = ymotion = 0;
X         mousestatus &= ~BUTCHNGMASK; /* clear "button changed" bits */
X#ifdef VPIX
X         rupted = 0;
X#endif /* VPIX */
X         /* Resume mouse interrupts. */
X         splx(intmask);
X         if (copyout(&info, arg, sizeof info)) u.u_error = EFAULT;
X         break;
X   } /* switch */
X} /* logmioctl */
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xvoid logmintr(ivect)
Xint ivect;
X{
X   unsigned char lo, hi, buttons, changed_buttons;
X   int dx, dy;
X   /* Ignore if mouse is not present. */
X   if (!mousepresent) return;
X   /* Print error on console if mouse has not been opened. */
X   if (!mouseinuse) {
X#ifdef DEBUG
X      printf("logmintr: Unsolicited INT %d\n", ivect);
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X      outb(CONTROL_REG, DINT); /* disable interrupts */
X      return;
X   }
X   /* Read low X nibble. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, HC);
X   lo = inb(DATA_REG) & 0x0F;
X   /* Read high X nibble. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SHL);
X   hi = inb(DATA_REG) & 0x0F;
X   /* Combine high and low X nibbles. */
X   dx = (char) ((hi << 4) | lo);  /* force dx to be signed */
X   /* Read low Y nibble. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY);
X   lo = inb(DATA_REG) & 0x0F;
X   /* Read high Y nibble. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, HC | SXY | SHL);
X   hi = inb(DATA_REG);
X   /* Extract and invert the button bits.
X      After inverting, a set bit means the button was pressed down. */
X   buttons = (~hi >> 5) & 0x07;
X   changed_buttons = buttons ^ last_buttons;
X   last_buttons = buttons;
X   /* Combine high and low X nibbles. */
X   dy = (char) (((hi & 0x0F) << 4) | lo);  /* force dy to be signed */
X   /* This code emulates the Microsoft bus mouse status (except for the MOTION
X      bit which is set in the ioctl routine).  State changes are or'ed over
X      any number of interrupts, but the buttons bits are always set to the
X      current state.  (The state changes are cleared when read in the ioctl
X      routine.) */
X   mousestatus = buttons | (mousestatus & ~BUTSTATMASK)
X                         | (changed_buttons << 3);
X   /* Reset HC to 0. */
X   outb(CONTROL_REG, 0);
X   /* If nothing has changed, nothing needs to be done, so return. */
X   if (!(dx || dy || changed_buttons)) return;
X   /* Update global variables with info just read. */
X   xmotion += dx;
X   ymotion += dy;
X#ifdef DEBUG
X   printf("logmintr: dx = %d, dy = %d, buttons = %d\n", dx, dy, buttons);
X#endif /* DEBUG */
X#ifdef VPIX
X   /* Send a pseudorupt if this is an ECT and the mouse has been read since
X      the last pseudorupt. */
X   if (ectproc && ectproc->p_v86 && !rupted) {
X      v86setint(ectproc->p_v86, V86VI_MOUSE);
X      rupted = 1;
X   }
X#endif /* VPIX */
X} /* logmintr */
END_OF_FILE
if test 13038 -ne `wc -c <'lmouse.c'`; then
    echo shar: \"'lmouse.c'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'lmouse.c'
fi
if test -f 'lmouse.node' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'lmouse.node'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'lmouse.node'\" \(18 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'lmouse.node' <<'END_OF_FILE'
Xlmouse	lmouse	c	0
END_OF_FILE
if test 18 -ne `wc -c <'lmouse.node'`; then
    echo shar: \"'lmouse.node'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'lmouse.node'
fi
if test -f 'lmouse.sdevice' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'lmouse.sdevice'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'lmouse.sdevice'\" \(29 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'lmouse.sdevice' <<'END_OF_FILE'
Xlmouse	N	1	6	1	5	23c	23f	0	0
END_OF_FILE
if test 29 -ne `wc -c <'lmouse.sdevice'`; then
    echo shar: \"'lmouse.sdevice'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'lmouse.sdevice'
fi
if test -f 'mt.c' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'mt.c'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'mt.c'\" \(2677 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'mt.c' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X/*--------------------------*/
X#include "sys/param.h"
X#include "sys/types.h"
X#include "sys/sysmacros.h"
X#include "sys/dir.h"
X#include "sys/signal.h"
X#include "sys/user.h"
X#include "sys/errno.h"
X#include "sys/inline.h"
X/*--------------------------*/
X#include <stdio.h>
X#include	<fcntl.h>
X#include	<sys/mouse.h>
Xstatic int _fd = -1;
Xextern int errno;
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xint ms_init()
X{
X   struct mouseinfo pkt;
X   if ((_fd = open("/dev/lmouse", O_RDONLY)) == -1) {
X      printf("errno = %d\n", errno);
X      perror("ms_init: open");
X      return -1;
X   }
X/*
X else if (ioctl(_fd, MOUSEIOCREAD, &pkt) == -1 ) {
X      perror("ms_init: ioctl");
X      close(_fd );
X      return -1;
X   }
X*/
X   return 0;
X} /* ms_init */
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xint ms_ioctl(cmd)
Xint cmd;
X{
X   struct mouseinfo pkt;
X   if (cmd == 25) {
X     if (ioctl(_fd, MOUSEIOCREAD, &pkt) == -1 ) {
X         perror("ms_init: ioctl");
X/*       close(_fd ); */
X         return -1;
X      }
X      printf("ms_ioctl: status = 0x%x, xmotion = %d, ymotion = %d\n",
X             pkt.status, pkt.xmotion, pkt.ymotion);
X   }
X   else if (ioctl(_fd, cmd, &pkt) == -1 ) {
X      perror("ms_ioctl: ioctl");
X/*    close(_fd ); */
X      return -1;
X   }
X   return 0;
X} /* ms_ioctl */
X/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Xint ms_close()
X{
X   int rc = -1;
X   if (_fd != -1) {
X      rc = close(_fd );
X      _fd = -1;
X   }
X   return rc;
X} /* ms_close */
X#ifdef NOT_NOW
X/*
X * FUNCTION: BMSEMD_READ
X *		a routine to call when mouse data is available
X *
X * INPUT PARAMETERS
X *	none
X * OUTPUT PARAMETERS
X *	none
X */
Xvoid	bmsemd_read()
X{
X	MSEPKT	pkt;
X	if	( _fd == -1 || ioctl(_fd,VPC_MOUSE_READ,&pkt) == -1 )
X	{
X#ifdef	DEBUG
X		v86error(VERR_WARNING,"unable to get mouse data");
X#endif
X		return;
X	}
X	if	( pkt.status & MOVEMENT )	/* if the mouse moved */
X		xy_bmouse( pkt.xmotion, pkt.ymotion );
X	if	( pkt.status & BUT1CHNG )	/* if button 1 changed */
X		btn_bmouse( 0, (int)(pkt.status & BUT1STAT) );
X	if	( pkt.status & BUT2CHNG )	/* if button 2 changed */
X		btn_bmouse( 1, (int)(pkt.status & BUT2STAT) );
X	if	( pkt.status & BUT3CHNG )	/* if button 3 changed */
X		btn_bmouse( 2, (int)(pkt.status & BUT3STAT) );
X}
X#endif /* NOT_NOW */
Xmain()
X{
X   char str[80];
X   int cmd;
X   ms_init();
X   for (cmd = 0; 0 <= cmd && cmd <= 25;) {
X      printf("cmd? (0-25) > ");
X      (void) gets(str);
X      cmd = atoi(str);
X      printf("mt: cmd = %d\n", cmd);
X      if (0 <= cmd && cmd <= 25) ms_ioctl(cmd);
X      else                      printf("exiting\n");
X   }
X   ms_close();
X}
END_OF_FILE
if test 2677 -ne `wc -c <'mt.c'`; then
    echo shar: \"'mt.c'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'mt.c'
fi
echo shar: End of archive 1 \(of 1\).
cp /dev/null ark1isdone
MISSING=""
for I in 1 ; do
    if test ! -f ark${I}isdone ; then
	MISSING="${MISSING} ${I}"
    fi
done
if test "${MISSING}" = "" ; then
    echo You have the archive.
    rm -f ark[1-9]isdone
else
    echo You still need to unpack the following archives:
    echo "        " ${MISSING}
fi
##  End of shell archive.
exit 0