Acronym database

Stuart Hood stuart at siesoft.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 02:41:42 AEST 1991

cc at cs.edinburgh.ac.uk (Chris Cooke) writes:

>In article <1991Feb3.184221.27848 at wam.umd.edu>, rustyh at wam.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) writes:

>> A few years ago I designed a piece of hardware that I dubbed 'TINA', which
>> a fellow engineer claimed actually stood for 'This Is Not an Acronym' !!

>Then of course there's 'TLA' - Three Letter Acronym...
>--

A while ago I was in a team designing some networking software.  A few
days into the design we had several modules with the usual, fairly, meaningful
three letter arconyms except for one module which was called TAL:  The
Anonymous Lump.  We kept meaning to change it since the design documentation
formed part of our deliverable but never quite got round to it.

It wasn't until we had actually implemented the software and we were just
tidying up the documentation that we actually did something about it:  the
glossary said that TAL meant, Task Allocation Logic.

Stuart.
-
--
S I E M E N S  Stuart Hood 65-73 Crockhamwell Road, Woodley, Berkshire, UK
-------------  Phone: + 44-734-691994          Email: stuart at siesoft.co.uk
N I X D O R F  The trouble with everyone, is that they generalise too much