questions/problems

john o'brien's account johno at swl386.uucp
Tue Jun 18 16:41:45 AEST 1991

One of my 3b1's 67mb,3M Ram, Combo Card, .5 meg plug-in board, Exp. box, etc
has been having a few problems for some time.  I have about decided to reload
the OS from scratch but would like to try an easier solution if there is one.
Number one is IMHO a definite hardware problem, that is that when the box
sets for any extended length of time while logged in to an ID and I come in
and try to logoff, it hangs on the bright screen just before the 'Welcome'
prompt appears.  The second is I believe a corrupted file somewhere, that is
that when I try to do a shutdown from any ID (except root) I get an error msg
and the shutdown does not happen.  (I'll post tomorrow with the error if any
one needs it, but I forgot it right now).  Can anyone help.  I hope to be able
to buy a new HB for this machine sometime.  I really love it and hope it runs
forever.
Thanks, John O'Brien   (johno at swl_386)