Bug in 4.0.1 rmt

David L. Markowitz zardoz!arcturus!dav at uunet.uu.net
Sun May 7 04:41:05 AEST 1989

I just ran across a new bug in 4.0.1:  Every time I read past a FILE mark
on a tape using the rmt remote magtape protocol module on a Sun 3/160C
with a CDC tape drive and tapemaster controller, I get:

vmunix: panic: hat_unload - pmg not kept

followed by a crash dump and reboot.  This is repeatable.  Has anyone ever
seen this before?

--
	David L. Markowitz		Rockwell International
	...!sun!sunkist!arcturus!dav	dav at arcturus.UUCP