Video Digitizer for Sbus ? -> SUMMARY

Florian Gutzwiller flog at ethz.UUCP
Mon Aug 13 20:52:38 AEST 1990

My original message was:

>Is there a True Color or Gray Scale digitizer available for the Sbus which
>may be suitable for capturing hires Computer Tomograph or MRI output ? I
>heard that there is a well performing VME-product from Parallax, but that
>one requires at least a Sun-4/330.

Someone then lead me to RasterOps, Santa Clara, from which I already knew,
that they had a 24-bit true color frame buffer for the Sbus. On the phone
I was told, that end of this month the new SPARC Card TC PIP will be
released. It unifies buffer and grabber in one card which occupies two
slots in a SPARCstation 1(+). It is available in NTSC and PAL.  The
incoming NTSC/PAL composite, RSG or S-Video signal can be displayed in a
life window on the workstation screen and resized up to 640x480 (NTSC) and
768x576 (PAL). The buffer is compatible with the SUN cg8 true color card
and also has an additional 1-bit frame buffer. SPARC Card TC PIP supports
16"/19" monitors from RasterOps or SUN (Sony Trinitron) drivers for X are
included, but the basic software (life video window & saver) runs under
Sunview. The TC PIP lists for $7,495 and $11,750 including 19" monitor.
Angela Poorman of international sales promised 40% discount for academic
institutions.

	RasterOps
	2500 Walsh Avenue
	Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA