Problem with interaction of sendmail.mx and DARPA Internet name server

A4421DAB at helios.edvz.univie.ac.at A4421DAB at helios.edvz.univie.ac.at
Thu Aug 30 10:17:28 AEST 1990

We have a SUN 3/60 running SunOS 4.0.3. The SUN is used as a mailhost for
our domain running the Internet name server together with sendmail.mx. For
mail routing outside our domain, we've some MX-records defined.  When some
mail from a subsidiary host is delivered, sendmail.mx uses the
MX-definitions correctly and forwards the mail to the relay host. However
when mail is coming from the SUN itself, sendmail.mx is trying to resolve
the full domainname to find the destination address instead of using the
MX-definition of the name server and forwarding the mail to the relay
host.  Can anyone give me a hint or better a solution to this problem ?

Robert Fritz      a4421dab at awiuni11.bitnet
Dep. of Statistics and Computer Science
University of Vienna