Limited memory in an upgraded 4/110

IN/SM/MB S Frick +46-11-241098 FRICK at insm2.ericsson.se
Wed Aug 8 23:15:00 AEST 1990

I have upgraded one of my 4/110 to a 4/310 (4300 CPU, actually).  The
problem is that the on-board memory is limited to 8 Mb. (8X1 Mb simm) Sun
claims that the 4 Mb simms are just to high to fit. They recommend a 32 Mb
memory expansionboard (EXPENSIVE!) which would give a total of 40 Mb.
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit 4Mb simms in this type of
chassis?  It's the usual x/110, three slot chassis with the cpu in slot
one and the framebuffer (cgfour) in slot two.

Stefan Frick			| Email: frick at insm2.ericsson.se
Ericsson Telecom, PCB mfg.	| Phone: +46-11-241098
Box 72				| Fax:   +46-11-180885
S-601 02 Norrkoping
SWEDEN