modem trouble (4.

Roy Livingston rlivings at thor.wright.edu
Thu Aug 9 05:18:36 AEST 1990

I've recently added a modem to a Sun 3/60 running 4.0.3 and am having
problems dialing out.  I can dial in correctly provided that no one has
previously used tip or uucp to dial out.  However, once a dial out has
occurred it becomes impossible to dial in again without power cycleing the
modem.  The modem is a Multimodem 696E connected to the serial
communications controller on the CPU board (zs0).  The kernel is
configured with the zs0 flag as 0x0 (enable hardware carrier detect).  In
addition I have the modem set up as follows:

	DTR dependent on interface
	CD & DSR function normally
	RTS dependent on interface
	DCD normal
	DTR normal
	CTS dependent on interface
	Hayes responses
	Asynchronous operation
	Automatic answer enabled
	Data compression enabled

Has anybody run across a similar problem or have a suggestion
as to what the problem might be?