Ode to a 19" monitor

David J. Botticello botticel at olympus.crd.ge.com
Thu Aug 9 22:31:49 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug9.022212.6981 at rice.edu> ji at cs.columbia.edu writes:

>As it turns out, Sun *does* offer the Sony 19'' monitor as an option, but,
>of course, it's more expensive. IMHO, it's worth every penny.

Just a minor correction. (costing MAJOR bucks!)

Sun will only sell the Sony 19" monitor as an option if you buy the 24bit
color board. Or buy the monitor seperately from parts. (Around 6K) So, you
then have to buy the system without a monitor and add the sony 19" plus
the appropriate graphics card, or buy a regular 19" system and throw away
the standard 19" when you buy the Sony.

Another vendor provides only the Sony color monitors on their
workstations.  Maybe Sun will wise up when the competition starts winning
sales based on quality of monitors. I know it will sway my decisions.

Dave Botticello  - GE CRD  - phone(voice) 518-387-6065 Home 518-393-8671
E-mail - botticel at orion.crd.ge.com  or uunet!crd.ge!orion!botticel or
         botticello at crd.ge.com      or botticel%orion at crd.ge.UUCP
land   - 1 River Road KWB-1606 Schenectady, N.Y. 12301