Xwindows and Mailtool

Philip Meese pmeese at govt.shearson.com
Thu Aug 9 23:25:00 AEST 1990

In Sun-Spots v9n279 Stig.F.Mjolsnes at elab-runit.sintef.no asks:

> Email life is easy with mailtool in Suntools, and I am not prepared to
> manage without.  How can I get this utility with Xwindows?

In the Openwindows distribution there is an X/Openlook version of mailtool
that I use under olwm.

You might also consider mush (mail user's shell) which is available on the
net. This provides a termcap interface which is useable which, although
lacking the same windowing interface of "mailtool", has many nice features
of it's own that make it worth considering.

Philip David Meese
On Assignment: (thru 8/31/90)|  Office:
Shearson Lehman Hutton       |  PM Projects, Inc.
World Financial Center, 11fl |  35 West 20th Street
New York, N.Y. 10007         |  New York, N.Y. 10011

email: pmeese at shearson.com   |  email:	pmeese at pmp.com
Voice: (212) 640-6743	     |	Voice:	(212) 242-3891