IBM RS6000 delivery times

Bruce Allen ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Thu Aug 2 03:46:26 AEST 1990

I apologize for posting this here, but it is the only newsgroup that I
participate in, and the subject should be of interest to other Sun users.

My friendly IBM salesman has been trying to convince me to order an
entry-level (model 320) RS6000 machine.  In my experience, these are about
3 times as fast as SparcStations on floating-point intensive code.  I
would be more interested if I thought that they could actually deliver a
system before next year.  He claims that delivery times are 6-8 weeks.  I
don't find this credible.  Can anyone relate their experiences?

		Bruce Allen